Have you heard about the Summit?
The Michigan Construction Summit will combine expert talks with collaboration: we want to share tools and expertise with you, and we want to hear what you have to say about the industry's workforce problem.
At the Summit, you'll learn about the statewide marketing and branding initative that Michigan Construction Foundation is pioneering, and get a preview of what's to come with the Going PRO initiative, Michigan Career Pathways Alliance, and other training programs.
Two breakout sessions will enable you to hone in on what's most important to you and your organization. Breakout topics include:
- Building Your Own Construction Workforce
- Best Kept Secret Talent Pools
- Making Local Education Outreach Work: find out how to partner with schools and tap into the next generation of the workforce.
- Put Your Social Media Under Construction: learn best practices for using social media to promote your company as a great place to work and recruit and retain talent.
- Navigating Seasonal Layoffs
- What Eduators Need from the Construction Industry: learn what we as an industry can do to support the curriculum and career counseling that will serve as the bridge from the education system to the construction workforce.
You will discover best practices, new trends, and learn how you can improve your workforce in 2018 and beyond. But the Summit isn't just about learning--we want to hear from you. The afternoon will feature a roundtable session where we'll break up into geographic regions, roll up our sleeves, and talk this through. This meeting of the minds is a chance to grow your network, and to have a say in the direction that the Michigan Construction Foundation and the workforce movement is headed. This is your chance to share your frustrations, your victories, and most importantly, your ideas for how we can build a better Michigan. We hope to see you there.